Sunday 10 October 2010

Hopes and wishes

Got a Christening today, and so a 'wishes card' for Cammie.  I'm not overtly religious myself - believe there is a a higher being - can't believe its a bloke tho - so I've included the Irish Blessing as the words inside...
May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face,

And may the hand of a friend always be near.
May green be the grass you walk on,
May blue be the skies above you,
May pure be the joys that surround you,
May true be the hearts that love you


I've used 'Angel Boy' from Secret Crafters Manga collection, on a Nitwit paper (and a couple of other miscellaneous papers) distressed with Weathered wood.  The edges have been glittered with Faded Denim distress sparkles (still not sure about these), and the wings and moon with Art Institute glitter in Seashell - I love that stuff.     I've used nesties to cut the circle and quarter moon, and coloured with Copics. 

I'm entering this one in the Magical Monday Challenge - Back to Nature - it reminds me of October Skies - Blue and Grey tones with a hint of acorn!.    I've also entered this in the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Distressing

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful distressing and you have coloured Angel boy so beautifully and I love the way you have him sitting on the moon , thanks for joining us at SC: 104 Distressing challenge, Good luck, Hugs Bridget ;) x. SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful distressing. So glad you liked our angel Boy image

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colouring and colours used.

    Thanks for joining in with us on Magical Monday.

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete